Applications for UCI's Master of Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) program Fall Quarter 2018 enrollment will open in September 2017.
For information about the online application process and to start an application, visit the UC Irvine Graduate Division Admissions page. Applicants are selected for admission using a holistic evaluation system.
- Online Application for Graduate Admissions
- Statement of Purpose – Required for all applicants, submitted through the online application. This essay should focus on your academic, professional, and/or research experiences and interests. The admissions and fellowship review committees will review this statement to evaluate your preparation for a professional planning degree program. This statement should include information about your academic plans and research interests, relevant experience, future career goals, and why UC Irvine would be a good intellectual fit for you. (1200 word maximum)
- Personal History Statement – Required only for US citizens and legal US permanent residents, submitted through the online application. This essay should focus on your personal background, and can include information on your life experience and history which motivates your personal and professional goals. We welcome information on how you have contributed to, and/or plan to contribute to, diversity, equity and inclusion within our program and the planning profession. (1200 word maximum)
- Official transcripts from colleges attended
- GRE General Test scores - Required for all applicants, except US citizens or US legal permanent residents with an undergraduate GPA of 3.3 and above
- Three letters of recommendation – Our program welcomes letters from both academics and professionals, but we strongly recommend submission of at least one academic recommendation letter. Detailed information about submission process is given in the online application, and the Graduate Division's Letters of Recommendation web page
- Application Fees
International students should refer to the Graduate Division International Students pages for the specific requirements of their application, including fees, verification of academic qualifications and English language proficiency testing.
Please note that this page is intended to give prospective applicants an overview of the requirements for the MURP program application process. The Graduate Division's web pages Applying to UCI and FAQ, along with the Online Application are the most complete sources for details about the application process.
For information or questions regarding admissions, please contact Ariel Folkerts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 824-1874.
University of California, Irvine
School of Social Ecology, Attn: Ariel Folkerts
5306 Social & Behavioral Sciences Gateway
Irvine, CA 92697-7050
We offer concurrent degree programs in Civil Engineering or Law, with curriculum coordination allowing students to specialize and obtain two degrees in less time than if they were pursued separately. Eligibility requires separate applications and acceptance to each program.
For information on concurrent degree programs, please visit the following links: