The Environmental Science and Policy major provides a strong interdisciplinary foundation for students to pursue a range of public and private sector positions, including environmental management, resource management, environmental law, environmental consulting, work with nonprofit organizations and non-governmental agencies, and related areas.
Students will also be poised to pursue graduate studies (doctoral or professional master's) in the following fields: environmental science, environmental studies, public policy, public administration, urban and regional planning, natural resource management, geography, and related fields.
The major prepares students for life after university through exposure to a diverse set of issues, skills-based courses, a careers course, and a field study requirement for all students.
For additional career resources and information about the wide variety of opportunities available with a background in environmental science and policy, visit:
- UCI Division of Career Pathways
- What Can I Do With this Major? - Environmental Studies
- UCI ESS Career Services
- Orange County Association of Environmental Professionals
- Association of California Cities - Orange County
- Southern California Association of Governments
- American Planning Association
- Urban Land Institute