Urban Planning Student Association (UPSA)
UCI's Urban Planning Student Association is an active student-run group that seeks to enrich the educational experience in the MURP program at UCI by serving as a liaison between student members and the professional and academic communities of planning.
The UPSA core values are passion, fun, innovation, intellectualism, curiosity, collaboration and community service.
The group fulfills its purpose by:
- Bringing students together in social gatherings to foster a sense of community on and around the UCI campus
- Linking students with professional planners, professional organizations, and academic opportunities.
- Facilitating communication and interaction between student members and the local community of planners
- Advocating for planning students with faculty, student government, and University wide administration.
- Helping students keep in touch with their program cohort, and with present and future UCI Planning alumni
Visit the UPSA Facebook Page (@UPSAatUCI) for useful information about the UCI MURP student experience and other planning resources.
Orange County Association of Environmental Professionals (OCAEP) Student Chapter at UCI
The OCAEP Student Chapter at UCI was established in Fall 2017 in an effort to connect students to environmental professionals through relevant workshops, meetups, resume building, events, volunteer opportunities, and discounted prices on career-oriented events. While OCAEP is a campus-wide organization, geared towards all environmental professionals and students, many MURPs have taken leadership positions on the student board. In the 2017-2018 academic year, OCAEP has organized events such as a resume writing workshop, an advanced CEQA class, and an exciting social gathering for APA and AEP members, all facilitated by working professionals in the environmental field and have proven beneficial to a large number of students in the MURP program.
Joining the student board is an option for all interested individuals and other campus groups are welcome at events and gatherings. For more information about the group, becoming a member of AEP, or a member of the student board of OCAEP at UCI, please contact:
OCAEP Student Liaison
Kristen Bogue, Project Manager, Michael Baker International